The philosophy of forest school is to encourage and inspire individuals through positive outdoor experiences over an extended period of time. Every term, our forest school leader, Emma Hirst, delivers exciting and educational forest school activities in our private woodland.
Children throughout the nursery frequently visit our woodland and so when they start their forest school activities at pre-school age they are familiar with and feel very comfortable in the environment. Each activity is child-led and allows self-exploration.
Examples of forest school activities are:
- Making dens for themselves or their teddies
- Whittling sticks to toast marshmallows with
- Sawing and drilling wood to make jewellery
- Learning to building camp fires safely
- ‘Fishing’ in the stream and analyzing their finds
The children love the opportunity to show their independence and enjoy seeing what they have achieved or made during their woodland adventure.
Click here for more information on Forest School.